- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce or 1 Tbsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic or onions
- 4-8 large peeled shrimp
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 3 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
- 1/2 lb. Thai rice noodles
- 1 Tbsp. pickled raddish
- 1 lime wedge for each plate
- 1 and 1/4 oz. tofu, reconstructed into cakes and cubed
- Soften rice noodles in cold water.
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic and eggs; stir slowly for about one minute to separate yolk.
- Add fish sauce, tomato sauce, tofu, pickled raddish and sugar. Stir until well mixed.
- Add rice noodles and stir, making sure all noodles are coated with sauce.
- Stir until sauce is slightly reduced. Noodles should be slightly moist, but not wet.
- Top with bean sprouts and chopped peanuts, and toss to mix lightly.